In this article, you can read information about rampant issue of 2019 Novel Coronavirus update and guidance regarding the outbreaks of this virus. The 2019 Novel Coronavirus was reported from Wuhan, China and now it spreading throughout the world.
Please visit this page for daily updates.
2019 Novel Corona virus Infected
The 2019 novel corona virus (2019-nCoV) originating in Wuhan, China, has spread to 24 more countries alarming public health authorities across the world. A total of 17,386 (including 17,238 in China, Hong Kong and Macau) confirmed cases of novel corona virus infection including 362 deaths (including one in the Philippines) have been reported across the world as of 03 February 2020.
2019 Novel Coronavirus Symptoms
For confirmed 2019-nCoV infections, reported illnesses have ranged from people with little to no symptoms to people being severely ill and dying. Symptoms can include:
- Shortness of breath
How to prevent 2019 novel coronavirus
Prevention is better than cure. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.